Tuesday, March 15, 2011


The American wedding community seems to go all out when it comes to their wedding stationary. It’s really cool. They cover everything from save the date stamps to napkins with menus sewn into them, and thank you cards – all carrying their unique wedding icon, monogram or color scheme. There are a few places here in South Africa who can offer you this service, like Elsje Deigns, By Invitation, and Me&E to name three really good ones, but be prepared to pay out your poepal for it. Brilliance comes with a hefty price tag I’m afraid.

It’s always been a toughie for me – I’m torn between my love for beautifully crafted words and aesthetically pleasing visuals, all simple and elegant …  and my love for everything hand made with a touch of heart, and hand writing, added to it; bright, fun and full of character. I’ve got tons of inspiration for wedding stationary that I’ve been saving over the years. Er … I mean, since we got engaged in October. Here are a few real nice pieces.








Images courtesy of ffffound.com / oncewed.com / 100layercake.com / weddingchicks.com

No comments:

Post a Comment