Thursday, February 17, 2011


I don’t know about you, but I love (read: obsessive compulsive) DoOdLinG. 
If you saw my work diary, shopping lists, note books or any poor piece of paper left lying to its peril on my desk … you’ll see what I mean. I don’t know why I like it so much, I guess there's something therapeutic about emptying the contents of a BIC pen onto a page.  But if I’m honest … I’m so bad at drawing, I can’t even get stick men right. You don’t believe me … look here! The driver looks spastic, the wheels are out of proportion and the giant kiwi looks like a hairy man-ball. EIUW!

Which is why I wish I was Kate Wilson.
She’s brilliant. And she’s famous. And she can draw dammit. She’s worked with people like Marc Jacobs, The New York Times, and Vogue China to name a few and her illustrations are so warm and pretty it makes me want to skip. 

I know pretty is not the most descriptive word, especially for a copywriter, but really … tell me you don’t think these are pretty!












I think she’s be a fabulous illustrator for a Nigella Lawson cookbook! 


No comments:

Post a Comment