Monday, January 10, 2011


Well hello there!
Welcome back from the break – and my my my, what a wonderful break it has been.
It’s the first day back at work today – things are pretty quiet and slow, which suits me just fine. It gives me time to get a few things in order.

*            I need to get used to the fact that it’s no longer -15 degrees outside

*            I also need to get used to the fact that it’s 30 degrees outside and you can catch a tan just by walking to your car

*            I haven’t even given my New Year’s Resolutions any thought at all. Really need to write that list, stick it up on the fridge, and ignore it for the next 358 days

 *            I need to document the wonderful winter holiday I just had. I tried to blog a bit while we were stuck between buses, or waiting for planes, trams, trains and taxis to arrive, but in the end I just got the moer in because, well, I’m all thumbs when it comes to the touch screen on my iPod touch. So while what I was writing made perfect sense in my head, in print, it looked like … well, French actually. So I’ll try again … and I’ll try do it in a week so that it doesn’t come in dribs and drabs.

*            It’s time to get wedding-crazeeeeeee. I need to pop off to the stationary store, purchase all their A1 paper, cover my study walls in it and get doodling, scrap booking, crafting, sketching, planning, plotting, organizing and dreaming … I’ve let it sit in the back of my head since October last year, but now I “resolve” (if I must resolve to do anything for the New Year) to get going on what will hopefully be the biggest party I’ll ever throw! YAY. I’m so excited for me.

*            Lunch ... I need to go make it. I’m so happy to be back to eating fresh foods and lots of meat again. While France was magical; a baguette a day, coupled with red wine bottles, cubes of cheese and other delightfully unhealthy, deliciously tasting stuff that I don’t know how to pronounce may have taken its toll on my insides. And my outsides! But hey, who expects to eat tartiflette (gorgonzola cheese type of potato bake – OMG!!!)  on a pizza and get away with it. But I guess that’s why they call it a holiday, right?

Ok I’m off to eat my salad. Nom nom.
More to come later.
Enjoy your week lovely peeps.
I’m hoping lots of exciting things will happen here in 2011!



1 comment:

  1. Have a FABULOUS 2011 my friend (and super duper happy wedding planning!!) x

    ReplyDelete