Thursday, July 28, 2011

I Wish I Could Draw

So I'm not hugely interested in art. I mean I love colour, right, and I can appreciate a good piece of work, and I'm the first to admit when something moves me ... but on a whole, art and I, well, we're just not the best of friends.

And it's OK, because it's a mutual understanding. 
I don't pretend to know a master piece when I see it, and it doesn't insist on changing my life. How can I be friends with something that lacks a definition ... or a satisfactory one at least. It's just not meant to be.

And yes i'm bitter because i can't draw, but those who can't do, make friends with those who can ... and I'm loving the work at oneofforiginals by my friend the "artist". 

Especially these guys here.



Have loved the Vespa Series since she first started talking about creating them - and really love that it's not just a painting but an actual piece of hard labour ... carved, scratched, etched, painted and really a lot of thought and crayon monkey blood sweat and tears have gone into each piece. Now THAT'S art I can appreciate.

No comments:

Post a Comment