Thursday, July 21, 2011

The English Language Is Nasty


If there’s on thing I hate more than wind on a beautiful day … it’s being bad at what I do.  And considering a large portion of my daily job entails checking that the grammar and spelling of work is correct before it goes to print - I really need to get on the ball with the English language.

I always thought I was pretty good at grammar and stuff - but I guess that's just in comparison to the fee-arn-say (sorry liefie). And most days I do get it. I mean I know how it's THERE and not THEIR and when IT'S right to use apostrophes and when IT'S not. 

But the other days, oh the other days ... I'm like an English re-tard. 
Take for example, this line: The Platinum Pensioners Wednesdays
Usually PENSIONERS would have an apostrophe on it. After the S of course.
But not today, because Platinum Pensioners is the name of an 'event' ... I mean COME ON!!!! I cant keep up with all these rules. Dam you english language for being so utterly confusing and intimidating and making me feel like a fool.

I'm buying this poster from theoatmeal.com
It makes me laugh - and it helps me write good











No comments:

Post a Comment