Thursday, October 13, 2011

Alfredo – The Bootylicious Of The Pasta World!

It taste delightful, leaves you feeling totally fulfilled, a little squishy round the edges and … if prepared with the right ingredients, has you burping up garlic all week. Fabulous.

Someone mentioned a great Alfredo they tried over the weekend and I haven’t been able to get the thought out of my head. So yesterday I trawled the WWW looking for a quick and easy alfredo recipe that would score me points with the fee-arn-say, who "like, totally schmaaks an alfredo bru”. It took all of 3 minutes, as my first stop was the delicious whatkatieate blog. I scrolled about 7cms down the screen and spotted a home-made pasta recipe on the side panel …

Now I’m not one who generally likes to follow recipes because
a) I never have the right ingredients
b) I don’t like being told what to do, and
c) I can claim it as my own recipe if it turns out above average.

And boy was this one above average. 
- I swopped spring onions for Leeks
- I put 1 tsp of white pepper (not my greatest deviance)
- I used vegetable stock instead of chicken stock (cos I ran out)

Nom nom … took a pic of my masterpiece (am I proud or what) but because my BlackBerry is so awesome, it doesn’t look as amazing as it was in the real world, so I'm not even going to bother. But here's what it's to looks like when a real camera takes the pic, plus the easy to follow recipe. Don't be scared to add in mushrooms or cashews. 







No comments:

Post a Comment